Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

XP problems with Logitech Cordless Keyboard!

• Please log in to reply

belfast-biker

belfast-biker

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a "Cordless Mouseman Optical" and "Logitech Cordless Keyboard".

Both work fine under Linux (and indeed in GRUB/DOS/BIOS) - I'm posting this from Ubuntu.

But under WinXP, the keyboard no longer works - tried removing drivers, reinslling CD, downloading new drivers, leaving bateries out, connect button many times, but as soon as I press a key on the keyboard, even the mouse freezes up. The computer is still fine - if I plug in my handheld, windows connects to it etc.

Anyone seen this before?

Gettin' desperate!

Advertisements

belfast-biker

belfast-biker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I have a "Cordless Mouseman Optical" and "Logitech Cordless Keyboard".

Both work fine under Linux (and indeed in GRUB/DOS/BIOS) - I'm posting this from Ubuntu.

But under WinXP, the keyboard no longer works - tried removing drivers, reinslling CD, downloading new drivers, leaving bateries out, connect button many times, but as soon as I press a key on the keyboard, even the mouse freezes up.  The computer is still fine - if I plug in my handheld, windows connects to it etc.

Anyone seen this before?

Gettin' desperate!

View Post

More - There is an I/O conflict - both use 0060 and 0064 in the I/O range - any way round this? I've uninstalled and reinstalled both mouseware and itouch.

petedageek

petedageek

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I have seen this on several Dell systems. Within those systems I have found that the reciever for the wireless KB & mouse has to be plug into the USB port under the RJ-45 port. The #1 USB port otherwise there is a confilict and the system doesn't pick up the wireless

petedageek

belfast-biker

belfast-biker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I have seen this on several Dell systems. Within those systems I have found that the reciever for the wireless KB & mouse has to be plug into the USB port under the RJ-45 port. The #1 USB port otherwise there is a confilict and the system doesn't pick up the wireless
petedageek

View Post

Nah, these things plug into ps2 ports, and hae worked for years before now...

I'm just gonna reinstall my xp. have to read up first see if thats gonna annoy this grub loader under linux first....

LuckyOne

LuckyOne

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same problem with the corded deluxe Access keyboard with ps/2 in Windows XP & McAfee. Have tried downloading 2.2 driver. It seems to be OK if left 5 minutes after boot but otherwise freezes keyboard & mouse (Microsoft cordless).

HELP!