Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Quick help needed

• Please log in to reply

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Help, why do children have to be so smart these days. I have been asked to find on the net something like a chart which mentions countries against their GNP, which you would think would be dead easy but alas I am fast learning that the gap between this neadle and the Internet haystack is a looming black hole of "parents these days...", so if you're fed up with gogling each entry of the HJL as I have been doing this morning and if you know of a link, post it here and I'll cook you lunch.

PS Porrage or cheese fondue then.(See "gormets to go cafe" thread in the off-topics forum for details)

Edited by fleamailman, 04 September 2005 - 07:39 AM.

Advertisements

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
I might actually be able to help you on this one. Can you please be a little more specific on what you're looking for? :tazz:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
She says she has to pick for rich countries and four poor countries, then she has of give theirGNPs and populations and somehow draw a conclusion about it.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I can help you with this, i did alot of geography at school and there is one ultimate resource for that kinf of onformation, its really surprising what it is still brings a smirk to my face but it is:

The CIA, lol they have a puvlic database of all the statistics of individual countries it includes all the details you could possibly need i used it to write up case studies on coutries very similar to what you want to do but i had to use alot more factors http://www.odci.gov/...book/index.html.
When you look at the GNP you can see how wealthy a nation is, it is commonly put as GNP per head of population, this gives a slightly more accurate measure as it is an average of popultion it helps show difference between rich and poor although its not the most strictly accurate measure.

A high GNP and low population would signinfy a well deveoped prosperous nation a high GNP and high population would present you more problems and you cant really determine by looking at thos two factors only. a low GNP and high population would mean a undeveloped country and you can go on on and on about it.

Aah i really loved geography, it was great it really let you see how places in the world worked good and bad. If you need any help just post it up i miss geography.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Thanks for quick feedback, great link too, she has just said that it is income per capiter(something I imagine meaning the income of the country against the population), anyway I'll pass on the link with thanks.

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Hmm... I tried a Google search too but with no luck. Oh well, it seems WarriorScot has the stuff you need. Good luck! :tazz:

Atribune

Atribune

HijackThis Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 956 posts
  • MVP
Everything you need is in this one link

http://www.scaruffi....litics/gnp.html

Except for the conclusion part

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Wow thanks, exactly what she'll need will pass it to her.

Atribune

Atribune

HijackThis Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 956 posts
  • MVP
Np