Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SYSTEM RESTORE - XP

• Please log in to reply

davemendoza

davemendoza

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Problem started when computer rebooted by itself a second time and then when I opened Outlook a message said that Microsoft windows had experienced serious system error and that it had been fixed, - I thought this might be associated with my internet connection hookup

so first I loaded winsockxpfix. INternet was still down.

So I went to system restore and tried to click date on calendar to Friday (Today is Sunday) ... BUT it would not go to any other date that today at 1:30am.

I tried and tried, clicking arrows as well to go to prior month, and it wouldn't.

I rebooted with the only system restore button available to me, last night, and yes my internet worked now but I still cannot change the system restore last point as in before.

Things seem okay otherwise but I want to be sure I can access another date should problems persist.

WHy does date seem locked to last night and how do I fix this???

FYI: I have run all virus and spyware screenings and nothing seeems wrong in that dept. I have ewido, avg and spybot and spydoctor and zone alarm.

Thank you very much for your assistance and suggestions

Advertisements

davemendoza

davemendoza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I FORGFOT TO MENTION: THIS IS THE ERROR LOG as reported by "view error log" within Help and support center's "Advanced System Configuration"

The error log states: "Sunday, September 04, 2005 System Error Error code 100000d1, parameter1 502f0eb0, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 ae6bc033. "

Perhaps this will help in addressing my problem with setting up system restore... as stated it is locked on only one day - last night and will not let me go to another day or month.

HELP! :tazz:

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Refer the following M$-KB article:
http://support.micro...b;EN-US;q313853.

The article is for if your System Resore calendar is blank, the same steps might solve your problem too.