Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please can you Help me

• Please log in to reply

musicmadnessash

musicmadnessash

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hey all,, Im just posting this i wrote it in another forum but no one answerd its its in two parts. just incase you wonderd why i say Hi twice. If anyone can help it would be great
Cheers
Ash

My 8021.11g Wireless LAN ADSL router. I bought today and dont no how to set the thing up, well i had a rough idea but not much is happening. The make is cable and wirless and these are the steps i took
Connect the aerial securly to the back of the router. (check)
Make the following conections to that back of the router (check i think i conected the "ethernet port" to the router and to the back of my PC.
Power on the router then wait for the WAN/ADSL lights to stop flashing.(they did but some other lights flashed)
Insert Cd click install router .... now i do that and it brings up an internet page that cant be displayed
(" The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.")

That as far as i get
But i have some other questions besides What do i do next, I bought this so i can have my broadband connection on my laptop. But if this router is conected to the phoneline how do i put my broadband filter on the phoneline as well. I tried putting them both on but broadband wouldnt work. Thanks for your time

this darn thing is driving me insane Lol!!! Really its begining too. I have been googling trying to find out how to do it. I came up with a few diagrams showing you have to have a modem connected to the router. It says nothing about that in the instructions. and when i rang cable and wireless helpline they said i no longer needed the NTL modem. SO what i have now is
From Router
Power (conected)
Ethernet cable (connected to back of PC)
ADSL (going straight to the filter and phone line)

The darn thing wont setup. According to the next step i would be able to enter a user name and password. but when i click on Setup (on the instllation CD) It tries to open a webpage but cant askes me to connect to the internet (but how can i i no longer have the modem from NTL attatched, and this Router hasnt beeninstalled yet. So i click work offline and it says page cannot be diplayed.
the page it wast to connect to is http://10.0.0.2
I was also wondering i bought this so i could share it woth my brothers Laptop i bout a network card for his, from other diagrams it looked like i needed to buy a USB adapter. Is this correct or not, because i thought that i could use the internet through the the Ethernet cable thats connected to the router??? Sorry if this is going on. Thanks for reading. Can anyone help??

Advertisements

musicmadnessash

musicmadnessash

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Anyone Please :tazz:???

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
First off..what make/model is the router?
Also the next thing you want to check is start/control panel/network connections/right click on Local area connection and select properties. Click on the authentication tab....make sue the Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network is NOT checked...reboot computer...

see if you still have problems with router install cd.

todd333

todd333

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
You should be able to configure your router, whether you have internet access or not, if you cant http to your router config, theres a problem with your connection to the router, make sure its the correct cable type and that its plugged intor your ethernet port (not your tel. modem)

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

ADSL (going straight to the filter and phone line)

The ONLY phone line you do not want a filter on is the one you are trying to connect to your computer. The filters are for other telephone equipment you have connected. (phone,answering machine, fax machine..etc)

Also did you receive a DSL modem?? the connection should be UNFILTERED phone line into DSL modem (router) then out ethernet port to back of computer.

Edited by brianmil0923, 20 September 2005 - 11:08 AM.