Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

driving games

• Please log in to reply

gazzagolf

gazzagolf

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi All
Hope someone can help
i seem to have problems with driving games running on my pc i have tried to play nfsu2 and juiced but both are too slow and wont run anywhere near right i have run toca ok and i have doom 3 and played half life 2 ok etc, i would have thought fx 5200 would run juiced etc i was wondering if ram or cpu would be the prob.
But i dont understand why doom 3 etc scroll fine but nfs2 etc wont nfs 1 was ok tho
i've got 512 ram and athlon 1700 cpu geoforce fxf 5200 graphics card, i've tried changing game options to lower settings and shutting down all non essential progs etc but still no good

Edited by gazzagolf, 04 September 2005 - 10:54 AM.

Advertisements

customcomp

customcomp

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
update your graphics card drivers and to speed gameing up make your paging files bigger

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello gazzagolf and welcome to Geeks To Go!

A few things you could try would be to turn off anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering and use bilinear filtering instead of trilinear.
Also update all your hardware drivers, defrag the hard drive, close all unnecessary background tasks including anti-virus.

gazzagolf

gazzagolf

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for that people
I'll give em a try
might need to google most of the suggestions tho cos they a little over my head lol! but i'll work it out
Thanks G

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
The anti-aliasing/anisotropic/bilinear/trilinear filtering options are normally in the display options of the game.

If you post your PC specs we can help you find the correct drivers for your hardware.