Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Does anyone know what it is?

• Please log in to reply

GrandFunkRR01

GrandFunkRR01

• Pip
  • 5 posts
:tazz: I am using SpyWare Dr. & the past couple of weeks it keeps picking on the enteries below, I would like to know

exactly what these items are and why do I continue to pick them up. I assume they are coming from a web site I visit but
am not sure. Also SpyBot S&D does not pick up on these entries. Nor does AD-Aware? I hope someone can answer my questions and Thank You in advance.
O yeah one more thing, it seems that ever since I installed the Yahoo tool bar and started using there Email and MyYahoo etc. I have been experiencing these problems, just coincidence?

Infection Name Location Risk
Block-Checker HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\bfast.com High
Block-Checker HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\bfast.com## High
Block-Checker HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\commission-junction.com High
Block-Checker HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\commission-junction.com## High
Block-Checker HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\fastclick.com High
Block-Checker HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\fastclick.com## High
Block-Checker HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\fastclick.net High
Block-Checker HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\fastclick.net## High
Block-Checker HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\linksynergy.com High
Block-Checker HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\linksynergy.com## High
Block-Checker HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\qksrv.net High
Block-Checker HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\qksrv.net## High

Other Sections:

Also SpyBot keeps picking up on this entry, fixes it but then it returns.
PSGuard.msmsgs: Settings (Registry change, fixed)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\AllowProtectedRenames!=W=0

Sincerely,Thanks, Mark

Advertisements

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and reply here with your log.

Most of what Hijack This lists lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

Edited by loophole, 04 September 2005 - 01:32 PM.

GrandFunkRR01

GrandFunkRR01

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I clicked on the link Hijack This and it said I did not have permission to do the action contact the web master.? Thanks, Mark. I will wait to hear from you or someone else and see what I should do next.

GrandFunkRR01

GrandFunkRR01

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I found it. If I have to download the program I will have to think about it unless you believe it is OK. The reason I already have Norton04,
SpyWare Doctor, SpyBot S&D, Spyware Blaster, AD-Aware personal,
and another one. SW Dr. is the only one that brings up what I pasted.
Norton does not O yeah and I have AVG and it isn't picking up on it either. SpyBot picks up on the entry at the bottom of the first page under SB S&D. ???? Sincerely, Mark