Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nvidia Driver?!

• Please log in to reply

Milkdudmuffin

Milkdudmuffin

• Pip
  • 9 posts
My game Sims2 had been crashing so some1 suggested I update my Nvidia graphics driver. I went to the Nvidia site checked off the driver, my windows and everything got the download site and started downloading. After the driver was downloaded and install began I got a pop up that said "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit." Now I'm guess this means I'm not downloading the right driver?? And since I uninstalled my last nvidia driver (the instructions told me to), I don't know what to do? How do I get a driver back?

Advertisements

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Did your computer come with any Graphic Card CD's? If not try system restore.
RockyIV

Ianzworld

Ianzworld

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
:tazz: I found my Nv driver in its original location in the display driver folder after doing the same thing. Opened the folder, clicked on setup and voila, original driver installed. Maybe your driver is still there too????