Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How to boost

• Please log in to reply

Rechkalov7

Rechkalov7

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
Hi,

i had a problem with my computer today, the card just burned at a specific place and there's a small component that got off the card that looks like a ring with a brass wire wrapped around it, it looks like a component to prevent some parts of the circuits to over heat. So, my question is, is it normal to burn a card in less than one year of use. The card is a Gefoce fx 5700 overclocked and my computer is a Pentium 4 HP Pavilion model 750 n with 1.6 ghz 512 mb ddr sdram 80 mb hd cd-rw and dvd .

Thanks.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
you overclocked the card, so yes the card can easily burn out w/n a year's time. And it's an FX card which are notorious for heat problems when run normally and not overclocked

Rechkalov7

Rechkalov7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Hi,

thank you for your answer but no, i didn't overclocked it by myself i bought it like that, it's a gf fx 5700 overclocked.

Thanks.

ktownkatman

ktownkatman

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
It doesn't seem normal to me. Maybe it's under a 2-3 year warranty? Try and contact the manufacturer. :tazz:

'~ktownkatman~'

Rechkalov7

Rechkalov7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
Hi,

no, there`­s a lifetime warranty on this product, i'M sending it back but i was wondering if it's normal and if it's going to happend again in the next year.

Thanks.

ktownkatman

ktownkatman

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
No prob :tazz: . [resolved]