Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows ME Dial Up Adapter Problems

• Please log in to reply

Frustrated and Confused

Frustrated and Confused

• Pip
  • 1 posts
We are using an IBM Thinkpad Pentium III. The Network Adapters are listed as follows:

Dial Up Adapter
Dial Up Adapter #2 (VPN Support)
IBM High Rate Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card
Microsoft Virtual Private Networking adapter
WAN Miniport (ATW)

All of the above in Control Panel
System
Networking
have the annoying yellow exclamation mark

When we search for the problem it says . . .

"Windows cannpt load the file (ndis.VXD) that loads the drivers for the device (Code 8).

When we search, ndis.VXD is present in the computer. How can we fix this?

To add to the mix, Windows ME came pre-installed on his Thinkpad and he has a sticker and no disk.

HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Windows ME has a 'System Restore' like XP, it may just work. Start - programs - accessories - system tools. I am relying on memory for where you find SR on ME, so I may be wrong, but I do know it's there somewhere. just hope the company who installed it didn't turn SR off. If they did, Windows will tell you as much and you won't be able to use it. A lot of computer builders turned it off cos it wasn't reliable in ME. have a look round your programs list for it.

Edited by pip22, 05 September 2005 - 09:01 AM.