Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer won't start

• Please log in to reply

jlcey

jlcey

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Each time I start my other computer, it freezes almost immediately after it loads up. First, since I had to shut it down improperly, the ScanDisk goes every time I restart. It always stops at 18% and says there is a long filename and it can't repair it. After I click "OK," it continues through the rest of the scan and loads. Then, a series of messages pop up on the screen (checkgfie5344, kernel32.dll, wintask, Microsoft visual c++ runtime library) and soon thereafter it freezes and I can no longer move my mouse. I want to run one of my spysweep, antivirus softwares, but I can't keep it from freezing immediately. I'd appreciate any advice you may have. Thanks.

Advertisements