Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

screen went dim?

• Please log in to reply

Thrust

Thrust

• Pip
  • 2 posts
No explanation. I was using my computer (XP Pro) earlier this morning and returned home this evening to find my screen has dimmed significantly and the colors are slighty off. I tried adjusting settings in the control panel as well as the monitor adjustment settings to no avail. Also, for some reason I cannot gain access to my email server either. I hooked the monitor to my laptop and it works fine.......so I don't believe an issue lies within the monitor.

Virus?

Before the problem occured I had just d/l'ed about 1Gig worth of video. I still have 2.3GB free space would this cause an issue?

Thanks for any help. I've ran adaware, Norton, and I'm in the process of running housecall. All have so far failed to identify any problem.

Oh yeah...I also reinstalled the drivers.....no go on that either.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go
You have just about ruled out every thing (hard drive space had nothing to do with it) that could be the cause.

Why not go to the Malware removal fourm and post a Hijack This log (you open the program and chose to save a log file). They should be able to find something if not come back to this thred. but before you go there read This and make sure you cant fix it you self.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 05 September 2005 - 03:48 AM.

customcomp

customcomp

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
is the any magnets near your screen

ktownkatman

ktownkatman

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
combination of 2 buttons might degauss yur screen. that might be the problem. or it could be a worm-spyware-virus.