Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How do I Identify Capacity of A Ram card?

• Please log in to reply

U_D

U_D

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I recently took apart two old computers, and now have two extra DDR ram cards. I want to put them in another computer for when I Start my own CS server. Is there anyway to Identify the capacity of them? I've looked around the card and can't seem to find if it says it anywhere. Also, I don't have the paperwork from those computers anymore. So I can't check that way. Thanks

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
You could look for the manufacturer name and part number on the ram and try getting the info from the manufacturer's web page. You could also try installing them in a working system.

heartofalion28

heartofalion28

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
but if its older and u have a new computer ur mobo may not be compatible with the old ram

Lion

U_D

U_D

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

but if its older and u have a new computer ur mobo may not be compatible with the old ram
Lion

View Post

Yea, It's not compatible with my mobo, thanks anyway!