Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD

• Please log in to reply

brenda4172

brenda4172

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
My problem started when one of my daughters desktop disappeared. No icons, just background. The, my other daughter was on computer, click clicking, next thing I know, I was bombarded with spyware, Winfixer, Aurora, trojans, everything. Then my pc starts shutting down. No message screen. I did the thing so I could get the specific error message on the BSOD- IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal
Which I think is something regarding a device driver. I have not installed or loaded any new software before this problem.I went through your list and did all steps to Step 4(took a while since I was geting shutdowns) I had to run Ewido in safe mode, because it would shut down in the middle. The desktop was restored, and was able to remove multitude of spyware, trojans, etc. Except I think this Aurora thing keeps coming back, and I still get some pop-ups. But I still get the BSOD. Do I need to run the Hijack thing? Thanks for your help SOOOO much! Oh by the way- Dell 4300 Pentium 4 running Windows XP Home SP2- not sure what other info you need

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. I read your post and it sounds like you may have already worked through the malware removal guide at http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852 If this is so, yes, you do need to run hijack this and post your log in the malware forum at
http://www.geekstogo...o-Here-f37.html
The malware experts are over there and they will help you. Be sure to indicate in your post that you have already worked through the malware removal guide and still have trouble.

If you have NOT already worked through all of the steps in the malware removal guide, please do that before posting your hijack this log in the malware forum. :tazz: