Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple BSOD Error's

• Please log in to reply

Mekismo

Mekismo

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi all,

Trying to setup a new PC, having problem after problem with BSOD's. Heres whats happening:

First off while trying to format the hard drive this BSOD occured: UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Then after trying other IDE cables / new hard drive i got this error after the format during XP install: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
Also another time i got this: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Another error was during XP install again, in a pop up error window saying "Isass.ese" error (cant remember exactly)

Basically, i've spent the whole day going from 1 error to the next in a cycle and still havent managed to get windows installed.

PC is as follows:

ABIT-KV7-V Mobo (bios updated)
Sempron 2300+
256mb Crucial Ram
Maxtor 40GB Hard Disk
Sapphire Radeon 9200SE

Very basic machine i know, but does anyone have any ideas?

Have tried new RAM, new HDD, not sure what else to try, please help :tazz:

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Is it a legal version of windows that you are using? Yeah I know it could be a dumb question, but alot of people who think they have legit copies actually dont, which sucks but it happens :tazz:

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
If it is a legit copy of windows, try taking out all the cards in the PCI/PCI-Xpress/AGP slots and then try to install windows XP. If your mobo doesn't have onboard video then obviously you will have to keep the Radeon 9200SE card in to install :tazz: