Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Startup Error

• Please log in to reply

Syke

Syke

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I get this error

Parser Message
Value Creation Failed " at line 14

Pops up right before the login screen (witch is now classic veiw no fancy icon)
i click ok and ip pops up again this happens 10 times and it goes to login screen where i can finaly get to my desktop...

-any help would be great!!

Edited by Syke, 05 September 2005 - 10:12 PM.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You can disable the welcome screen by going to control panel --> user accounts and click on 'change the way users login'. Doing this will make you use the classic login screen where users type in their login names.

From what I read this fixes the parser error you are getting. Haven't had a way to test it myself since this has never happened to me, but you can try that and let me know if it works or not :tazz:

As for the OS choices, you can set the default OS to user when booting up by right clicking on my comptuer, going to properties, then clicking on the advanced tab and then clicking on settings for startup and recovery, choose the default operating system you want to boot, and uncheck the checkbox for 'time to display list of operating systems'

Hope it helps! :)

Fenor

Syke

Syke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
i have classic veiw all ready

thank you though the

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (bootscreen) -- if i select this one my Winxp boot screen is a linux one i downloaded but the colors are messed up

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition -- this one is the original i want to keep

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (bootscreen) (original)

doesnt popup anymore

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Do you what that to popup? Can you post the contents of C:\boot.ini. Can you give more details?

Syke

Syke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
heres the boot.ini

[boot loader]
timeout=0
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (bootscreen) (Original)" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Edited by Syke, 05 September 2005 - 10:16 PM.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Remove the line
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (bootscreen) (Original)" /noexecute=optin

This will remove the screen that asks what operating system you what to chose because now you will have only one option and it will take that one autmaticly. You never need two there since they both point to the same thing.

Syke

Syke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
i still get this error: Posted Image