Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

serious help is needed [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

R3AL1Z3

R3AL1Z3

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
ok, at night i put my computer in stand by mode, so as to save power, well, the past couple of nights its been restarting itself and coming back on saying i have recovered from a serious error. and something about a device driver. now, i have not installed any drivers lately so that makes me wonder. another thing is, i want to reboot my entire computer, but do i like, get rid of all the virus's first or what do i do. and i dont want to lose my adobe photoshop 7.0 and i would not be able to reinstall it becuase i downloaded it directly from the site, and my subscription is over, and all my music and stuff will be lost if i restart, and i have no disks and my c.d. drive cannot burn c.d.s anymore for some reason.

and check this out:
Posted Image

is there anything bad there?

seriously appreciate you guys' help, thank you very much

Advertisements

skate_punk_21

skate_punk_21

Malware Removal Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 1,049 posts
Hey there!
Please download HijackThis http://www.greyknigh.../HijackThis.exe - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Double click on the program to run it.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Post the hijackthis.log file here. Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

Then we'll get started on ya! :tazz:

skate_punk_21

skate_punk_21

Malware Removal Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 1,049 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.