Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer can't read!

• Please log in to reply

Lilcokekid

Lilcokekid

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
:tazz:
My computer is not reading my Ipod!
I have plugged my Ipod in every USB but it doesn't work. It a 4gb mini ipod. It was working yesterday fine but when I tried today it didn't work. I tried installing it and unistalling it no use, looked under installing hardware no use, no icon in the tray saying new hardware or anything. So can anyone help me?

Advertisements

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Is the other end(end where it attachs to the iPod itslelf) attached properly?
RockyIV

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Curious, is the Ipod seen if you put it in another computer? Has it already worked with that computer and now doesn't?

Edited by fleamailman, 06 September 2005 - 03:37 AM.

Lilcokekid

Lilcokekid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I have connected it to another computer nothing happens, I have used the my primary computer before and It worked, and I have plugged my brothers ipod to my primary computer and it works still. My ipod only charges when I put it into my computer nothing else... It would be really nice if you can help me fix it!

Edited by Lilcokekid, 06 September 2005 - 08:06 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
test to make sure its not the cable/cradle causing the issue. could be your ipod has become defective.

Lilcokekid

Lilcokekid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
ummm 100% sure its not the cable that is messed up because I used the same cable for my brothers Ipod and I also used his wire for his and my ipod so any wire should work... It might be defective? If so I guess I will have to return it. Anyone have any other suggestions on fixing the problem?

Lilcokekid

Lilcokekid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Forget it... All of a sudden my Ipod started working again for some reason? :tazz:
Why, im not sure? Just turned it on Apple logo shows I plug it in the computer and it worked and it didnt only just charge! :)

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok.... thats wierd. knock on wood. good luck and hope it stays that way.