Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard Drive Problem

• Please log in to reply

jaybird8151

jaybird8151

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Back in January I built my computer and everything has been going fine. A little overheating issues, but took care of those. Then the other day I installed Zone Alarm and didn't like it for some reason, it just bothered me. My computer started lagging extremely bad, and I decided to uninstall Zone Alarm to see if that was the problem, and it my computer froze as I was trying to uninstall, so I hit the reset and got a Blue Screen , I do not remember what it said but it told me to reboot again, so I did. Now my computer will start booting get to the Windows loading screen...XP btw..And it will crash and restart and it will continue doing this. So I decided to reformat and do a fresh install. Now my HDD is not being recognized. Its a Western Digital 200 GB, and it did not work on either IDE channel. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jayson

Advertisements

jaybird8151

jaybird8151

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Can anyone please tell me if I need a new HDD? Its no big deal if I need a new one.

fungit

fungit

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi

Try rebooting in safe mode, you can do this by continuosly pressing the 'F8' next time you restart your system and selecting safe mode from the menu. Next just select yes when the dialog box asks if you want to continue into safe mode and then try uninstall ZoneAlarm again, restart your system and see if that works.