Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Display Problems NVidia GeForce 256 AGP Plus

• Please log in to reply

gnjgnj

gnjgnj

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I've been having this problem for QUITE some time. Grey/shaded lines across monitor at all times.

Thought it was my 21" Dell monitor -- and since puter was "old" got a new one. Having unrelated problems with new one and forced to go back to old one. Replaced monitor with new Westinghouse 17' flat panel. SAME, IDENTICAL problems with it. I'm assuming the graphics card is bad?? This puter is running Win 98 and I REALLY need to get it up and running for a week or more and use as back up. What card should I buy to correct problem

HELP PLEASE!!!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you tried re-installing the drivers for the video card

Does the monitor have any software which needs to go on

gnjgnj

gnjgnj

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No! No software that I'm aware of. The monitor worked great for a few years then began to "streak". I've downloaded drivers, but the ones I have ON the system are newer than any I could find.

What type graphics card would you recommend?? It's an older PC running Win98 -- Pentium III

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Did you get any CD's with your monitor?
RockyIV

gnjgnj

gnjgnj

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Unfortunately I've had this monitor/PC for SEVERAL years and don't know where any of the original "stuff" is.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
These may be calibration lines, check your manuals for any instructions related to calibration.