Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Printing Blank Sheets

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My printer worked absolutely fine before I changed out the ink cartridges. First I changed all three color cartridges and printed a test page. The black was the only color that showed up. Next I changed the black ink, now nothing shows up.

I have wasted half of my new ink cartriges with the cleaning utility and have also tried using the powerful cleaning with the SSC service utility. Please help.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G

Is the Ink light on the printer lit up? If so, try removing the cartridges, give them a shake then reinstall them. Make sure you follow the correct procedure for reinstalling the cartridges & do not touch the contacts on the bottom of the cartridge.

If the ink light isn't on, are any of the other lights flashing or doing anything they don't normally do?

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Topic: Epson CX4600
Date: 6th Sept-2005

Try replacing with – [old cartridges]- Might have [dried out] cartridges????

How did you replace the Cartridges? – thru the display panel – or did you just replaced, without going thru the replacing process –

When replacing Ink Cartridges – Printer has to “Charge” the Cartridges before printing –

The “Charging” is accomplished by that – [Little thingy dingy – ritual] – after the replacement – during the process –

What does your display indicate – on Ink Levels –

Are you printing a [test page] – [PC – ON LINE] or [PC – OFF LINE]

Also are the Cartridges seated properly & usually there is a locking/seating lever/device that needs to be set -