Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Command and Conquer Zero Hour

• Please log in to reply

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
I tell ya...I think it's awesome to see that after all this time people are still playing Command and Conquer Generals! I love that game, I play all the time! What gets me is how good of a game it is. With the Zero Hour expansion, it's even better! :tazz:

I just wish that they would continue that series on for another game. Battle for Middle Earth is a good example. I love that game too! With multiplayer the fun never ends! I mean you can find people on C & C with over 1000 wins..and even more games played! :)

That to me is just amazing! I even had someone tell me that there is going to be another Commmand and Conquer coming out, but I have yet to see anything about it. I've searched the internet up and down, but found nothing.

Sooo, I'm looking for another great game that compares to these BIG DOGS..any suggestions or comIments?

Edited by Eneoecu, 05 September 2005 - 02:55 PM.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
I'm still playing C&C Tiberian Sun, in fact only last night I was escaping from a prison camp with the help of a cyborg commando.

There are a few rumors going about C&C 3 being developed for Nintendo DS but that's just what they are rumors.

Have you tried Codename Panzers Phase 1?

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
The DS...interesting. That seems like it would be a cool concept, with the split screen going on. I'd like to see what they could do with that. Although, nothing beats playing it on the PC.

I never did get into the older C&C games, I've seen them played but never tried them myself.

I'll do a little research about Codename Panzers, and see what it's all about. Thanks for the suggestion, and comments!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I dont like c & c games before red alert but i do like generals. I just got Earth 2160 and am loving it, you have be pretty patient to play it but that suits me in generals i always liked building a big base and then getting nice big battles with proper tactics going, when you play online they rush alot of the time and i dont see the point it isnt very fun in the least. But Earth 2160 i have never seen a strategy game look this good, ive seen fps games with worse gfx, you wont see alot of the better effects without a DX9 gfx card.

I did hear they are making a new C&C the rumour is it will be a remake of the original C&C.

Edited by warriorscot, 07 September 2005 - 03:43 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I thought warhammer: dawn of war was pretty good. they just went gold on the expansion pack as well.

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Yeah, I have WarHammer 40k: Dawn of War. It's a pretty good game but, I just can't seem to get into it as much as I do other RTS games. I think the graphics are really good. I really love the building animations! Plus they are coming out with the expansion, Winter Assault. Maybe I'll have to give it another go and see if it takes.

There is also Empire Earth 2, that's another game I can't seem to get into. It reminds me too much of Rise of Nations. Example: The explosions. They suck. The concept is good for a RTS, but the graphics just don't suit me. I need big explosions that look cool. It's like they spent too much time with the other stuff. I mean the buildings don't even change that much.

And to what Warriorscot said:

I agree, a lot of the times people who play RTS games in multiplayer do rush. At least they do once they get good enough to defend as well as rush. But, like you, I think the point of the game is to build your base up, and then plan an attack. Not rush right into the battle, doing that makes for too short a game.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to check out Earth 2160!

The Colonel

The Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Warcraft 3 mods, the fun never ends.
I love EE and C&C and WC3.

I played Earth 2150. To me, there wasn't much action.

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Yeah, I've got Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne..but I've never tried a Mod for them.

Eneoecu

Eneoecu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
I just picked up Armies of Exigo. I haven't played it yet, I'm not sure if it will be any good.

Townes

Townes

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
i love the laser defense and the tank general the best on the expansion. those 2 rock. hit laser dude my name. :tazz:.

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

I'm still playing C&C Tiberian Sun, in fact only last night I was escaping from a prison camp with the help of a cyborg commando.

There are a few rumors going about C&C 3 being developed for Nintendo DS but that's just what they are rumors.

Have you tried Codename Panzers Phase 1?

Those rumors are false. C&C 3 (AKA: Command and Conquer Tiberian Twilight) is probably not under production.

EA was producing RA 3 until Mark Skaggs unofficially announced because the C&C is very unhappy with EA. Well EA said "He tooks a leave of absence to take time for his family." Well now he has his own game studio. :tazz:

Well right now they are probably still perfecting the C&C The First Decade... But after that I bet RA3 is going to come first before the Tiberian Series. (Also, the actor that played "Kane" I believe was fired... Stupid move EA)

Yes, I do like C&C Zero Hour... But they just put C&C on it to make it sell better... Zero Hour had nothing to do with the original series... So I just think of it as another "Galaxy" in the C&C "Universe". The original C&C's are the best... Tiberian Dawn(1995, the first one) and Red Alert 1. :) Which they will work on Windows XP without getting the patch if you get C&C The First Decade. :)

- Overall C&C Freak. :woot:

Edited by Comrade General, 21 January 2006 - 02:10 PM.