Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Website trying to connect me ATT?

• Please log in to reply

victoria_v23

victoria_v23

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I went to a website and a box popped up on my screen that said: "Error connecting to ATT Global.net(713 860-1375 ! Opening Port...Error 680 there was no dial tone"

Why does this happen? Even after I closed out my browser, it continued to try and connect and the box kept popping up. It went away after I restarted my computer, but this has happened to me before on another computer and another website. I'm just curious what causes this and why it only happens on certain websites. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Sounds like you have got a dialler.

When did this start and what happened before the first time it happened.

Are you by any chance on broadband or cable ?

victoria_v23

victoria_v23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thanks for your help....I called ATT and they said that is the local access #?(the number that I listed previously) I have DSL and it's not with ATT. She said that ATT Global network dialer must be installed on my computer and to look in the add/remove programs. It wasn't listed. It began when I went to a site called www.sports.com. It doesn't show up in my task manager until I go to that site. Thanks again for responding. Any ideas? :tazz: Oh, I went to that site on my work computer and I did not have the same problem.