Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

9800 Pro Artifacts

• Please log in to reply

RoxStar1968

RoxStar1968

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I've had the 128 mb 9800 pro (rosewill made) for about two weeks now, and 2 days ago, I was dusting my computer, and when I went to turn it back on, the boot up screen had artifacts, and I discovered that all of my games have artifacts now too. I took the card out of the case , dusted the case again, and then dusted the card. I can't get the card back to normal! The artifacts aren't gonig away! Is there a way I can fix this?

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Are you using the latest ATI drivers? Overclocking?

lt b0ngo

lt b0ngo

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Just for the people that dont no what are artifacts.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
artifacts are random little items on your screen...sort of like static but more localized.

RoxStar1968

RoxStar1968

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm using the latest ATI catylyst drivers and I am not overclocking the card. The email I got from Rosewill tech supprot said to remove the drivers in safe mode. That didn't do a thing :tazz: THis is dissapointing because I have already had to replace the card once before.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

You could try drivercleaner to completely remove any rements of drivers for the card and then reinstall them, I doubt it will work but worth a shot.

sounds like a bad card

Rick

RoxStar1968

RoxStar1968

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Nope :tazz: Second RMA for this card *sigh* Maybe I can convince newegg.com to replace the cadr with a different brand? (powercolor, pny, etc)