Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen of death

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

wildcat114

wildcat114

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
hey,

i just recently installed windows xp on my computer, and it went through all the way without problems. however, after the final reboot prior to beginning the operating system, i encountered a blue screen that said something like...."windows has been shut down to prevent further damage to your computer....if you installed any software or harware, remove it and then reboot." no matter what mode (safe or normal) that i start windows with, this blue screen appears. so basically i have no access to my computer anymore. any ideas? also, for some reason, when the computer boots up, there are two choices....microsoft windows and microsoft windows xp. i dont know how to get rid of that either. any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Hi Wildcat114,

Welcome to Geeks To Go. My name is Tony.

If you dont mind me asking, hwere abouts did you get the CD from?

wildcat114

wildcat114

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
my friend had a copy so he let me use it

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
<delete>

Edited by Tony_1983, 05 September 2005 - 08:12 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Okay.. sounds like you did a complete new install rather than a repair or format/re-install thus the two options..

First of all, is this XP cd an original or a copy your friend made for you (totally different setup requirements) ??

Murray

wildcat114

wildcat114

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
it was a copy that was made. i actually just chose the upgrade option and everything seemed to look normal and then all of a sudden that happened. im stuck now. any help would be great. thanks again.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

it was a copy that was made.

View Post

Sorry, but we do NOT give any support to pirated software of any kind.. Get a legal copy of XP and we can go from there..

This thread is CLOSED !!

Murray