Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I need help!

• Please log in to reply

mudkip001

mudkip001

• Pip
  • 1 posts
how do i add a printer without bringing the printer to my pc?

i want to use my dads printer it is in his room but i dont want to bring it to my room

also we are hooked with a wireless network.

if any1 can plz do

Advertisements

Pink Panther

Pink Panther

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Help HiM :tazz:

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
If your machine & your dads machine are both connected via the wireless network, then all he should have to do is ensure that he has file & print sharing service installed. Then he needs to go to Start menu->Printers. Right click on the printer & enable sharing for it & set up a share name.

On your machine, you will then need to install the printer driver. You should be able to do this by going to Start menu->printers & add Printer. Make sure you select Network printer not local printer though.