Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New HP DV1330 laptop wont connect to my network

• Please log in to reply

Fabolous05

Fabolous05

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi I already have a network consisting of 2 desktops and 2 laptops. The two desktops are wired from a BEFW11S4 and 2 laptops are wireless from that router. I don't have any wep or wpa or any security like that. Today I purchased my new HP laptop and using windows built in wireless it picks up the router. The name of my network is 'default' (aka the ssid).

The network is working perfectly fine and neither of the laptops have any problem connecting to it.

The bars are full and it says it is an unsecure wireless network, which is true. I try double clicking it to connect and a box pops up saying that it is trying to connect to the network (below) and then nothing happens. A red x will show up ontop of the icon on the tray. Can you please help me? I need to get this working ASAP for school

Posted Image

Thanks,

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Make sure your computer's firewall isn't blocking any traffic from the router. Open the firewall logs and see what IPs it is bloking and if the router's default IP is one of them. Also enable network logging and logging in the router till you find what is happening. You will need to have a hard (cable) connection to the router to enter the setup page.