Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ActiveX controls

• Please log in to reply

pushmeaway69

pushmeaway69

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everyone I amnew to this site and I have found some very helpful information on here on cleaning out your system from Spyware and Adware...I wanted to see if anyone can help me on here...

When I go to some sites they will not display correctly and I will get a message that says "Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly." I have researched online to get this fixed but I have been unsuccessful...It is driving me crazy...Thanx!!! :tazz:

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Open Internet Explorer
On the menu-bar, click Tools -> Internet Options.
Click on Security tab, next make sure Internet zone is selected, then click on the Custom Level button.
In the Security Settings Windows, under ActiveX Controls and plugins, make sure the following are enabled:
Run ActiveX Controls and Plugins
Binary and script behaviours.

pushmeaway69

pushmeaway69

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Darth for helping me out...I did what you said and Run ActiveX Controls andPlug Ins is enbled,but there is no option where it says Binary and script behaviours.