Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

7800gtx x 2

• Please log in to reply

silverblades

silverblades

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
I have just got a XFX NVIDIA GeForce 7800GTX (OC edition) and i have a question:
1. can i/should i get another one and run them in sli.
Some specs...
AMD Athlon 3700
DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLi-DR (crossfire version out this month i should have waited a month :tazz:
Corsair TwinX 3200C2 2Gb Kit
SilverStone ST-65ZF 650w power supply
Is it worth the money to get another card with the specs that i have

thanks in advance

Edited by silverblades, 08 September 2005 - 03:05 AM.

Advertisements

heartofalion28

heartofalion28

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
people say its crazy good with just one but if u wanna be on the bleeding edge and have an extra 500 or 600 bucks why not?

Lion

jm312005

jm312005

• Pip
  • 3 posts
yeah, and if got that kinda money to burn, ship one this way too . lol

mrdrphil007

mrdrphil007

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
The improvement really depends on what game youre running. some games improve hardly at all like Doom 3, but some improve greatly like unreal tournament 2004. It gets up to 107 fps at maximum settings!

silverblades

silverblades

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
thanks for the reply's, i dont really have money to burn(have 2 save 4 a few weeks) but as for a gaming computer i have never really been up there so now is the time since ive gone with sli i might as well go all the way. The thing i need to know is will my cpu handle to two cards? :tazz:

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
lmao, ffs, why would anyone want to play a game at 107FPS? 30 FPS is the highest that will ever be practical.