Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Request GTG staff indicate what tools do...

• Please log in to reply

ukt

ukt

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Dear STAFF

I've just joined and have enjoyed reading about various user probs and your very comprehensive responses.

Your replies are long'uns too and the effort shown is great. I feel :) about heaping more work on you people but....

A very brief sentence or better still a link/popup help briefly describing the tool(s) you ask poster to use would be very educational.

EG, a database of potted text keyed to each tool name, or? Forum engine would recognise these keywords and display the text during mouseover....

I can of course go off site and via search engine and tool name, track down just what it is and such... but that takes time and in the end does not help to follow the thread etc.

Not meaning to sound harsh :tazz:... this is just how it hits me when I read your great replies - I get curious and like to learn it all and... probably forget much! but gotta try :)

Cheers
ukt

Advertisements

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
hello, all of the greattools that we use are quite easy to understand what they do. all of them remove spyware/malware. most of these tools are made by members of this and other forums.

also, most members don't care what the tool is, as long as it fixes their immediate problem. probably 90% of the tools we use in this trade do work in the registry, others are designed to seek out specific lines of code that match specific parts of a virus or infection.

Hope this helps.

ukt

ukt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks Efwis, i'll go back to sleep now - but still, is interesting to know - afterall this heap of junk I use makes my daily bread 'n butter!!!
If members of this forum are writing code as you say then I sure have landed on the right forum! :tazz: