Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Now for an easy question

• Please log in to reply

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
1)High, I want to look cool in front of the clients again, I can type control inetcpl.cpl in the run command but that does not get me far enough, I want to be able to open it's sub windows directly such as avance, programmes, contenu, confidentialite, etc., all help would be appreciated, even just a point in the right direction.

2)So far in the run command box I can type: .exe, .ini, .cpl, and .msc, (and also some of the commands are direct like regedit, msconfig and their like) but is there any other type of ending that can be run from the command prompt?

All help highly appreciated.

Advertisements

timinator

timinator

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
1) http://support.micro...kb;en-us;135068

2) The run box accessed from the Start menu can open any file with a registered file extension. To view the extension registrations, open a folder window, select Folder Options from the Tools menu, and switch the dialog to the File Types tab.
There are also the "ftype" and "assoc" command-line tools that show the information in a different way.

Since this is in a programming forum, I'll also point out that this works because the Run box uses the shell to open the file, via ShellExecute() are something similar, instead of directly calling the CreateProcess() function.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Very grateful for this info, it is the direction I have been looking for.