Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ABOARD.EXE problems.

• Please log in to reply

belting

belting

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:tazz: :) :)

Every time I start up, the message box "ABOARD.EXE has encountered a problem and has to close" comes up.
As a result, Norton Internet Security is disabled & I am shown as Not Logged In as a user on Norton. The icons for Norton & Speedtouch also disappear from along the bottom RHS.
The only way to temporarily resolve the problem is to do a System Restore, but the problem just comes back, usually next day. I have used the Norton automated support assistant, but this shows no problems. I have even uninstalled & reinstalled Norton, but to no avail.
PLEASE HELP! This is driving me mad!

Advertisements

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
I think this is a virus so do a virus scan and an adware spyware scan etc.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Well, according to the answers you received from PCPitstop concerning this problem, there is a problem with your PackardBell/NEC active keyboard program..
It is NOT a virus or malware!!

Uninstall and re-install it or just dis-able it..

Murray