Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

counterstrike! wont connect

• Please log in to reply

jcato

jcato

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
I just got cable today..I set up for the new steam updates...its all updated to 1.6 and i see all the servers but when I try to connect to any of them it doesnt connect?? why ??? I had 56k but I think i switched all that stuff to cable ... heres the twist ...when I go to new game i can start a new game ..as if it was my own server ?? why wont it let me connect to any other server?? help !!

Advertisements

Zamuel

Zamuel

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hey! :tazz:

Does it come up with any error?
Does the game close?
Can you play other mods such as hl2dm and cs:source or TS?

I really can only say if you are not doing a search of local servers such as servers under 100 ping then you might be connecting to dead servers...
Call STEAM and get tech support, they are pretty good for us down in Australia.
in aus.

jcato

jcato

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Thanx for the help...no I havent tried cs sorce... and I did do local servers under 100 ping...and still wouldnt let me get in??

jcato

jcato

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
It says connecting to server ...then it says retrying server...it counts down 2 3 then says disconnected failed to connect.....frustrated

jcato

jcato

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
The error that I get everytime just says "failed to contact game server"???

Jcato

St@mpEdO

St@mpEdO

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi!

There`s a thing or two with previous version of CS (1.5) and maybe that works for 1.6 as well...

You maybe should have the one of those programs that prevent cheating... (like "Cheating Death" or something like that) Those programs (if you don`t know that) are very small and are minimized in the Taskbar when you start them (and YOU NEED TO START THEM BEFORE LOADING CS offcourse).

Second thing is that (I don`t know because you didn`t mentioned it) maybe you don`t have an original version of CS, and if you something like cracked it, the official server will not accept your connection. Then you must find the "unofficial" ones (servers) which doesn`t have problem with piracy. ;)

Hope that helped U. :tazz: