Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! Cannot use secondary user accounts

• Please log in to reply

musicworks

musicworks

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys! Any ideas on this:

Whenever I try to log into one of my secondary windows accounts (for example, my wife's or guest's) explorer keeps crashing and reloading. Dr. Watson is to blame (I'm 99% sure), but what's causing him to act so irrationally? My account (admin) works fine...I've rooted out any spyware etc (as far as I know). I even ran (with much difficulty) HJT in my secondary account and it matches mine.
Thanks...any help is much appreciated.
J.

Advertisements

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
when did you get DrWatson was it already built into windows because I had a problem like this yesterday when i load windows it stops my firewall and Dr Watson from running and i never requeste DW to run anyway !

musicworks

musicworks

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Dr Watson is built into Windows...it's a debugging program that prompts you when something closes because of errors..(you know, that send report, don't send report dialog box that comes up? That's Dr. Watson)...the problem is, something is causing Dr. Watson to act irrationally, constantly shutting down windows explorer and restarting it, over and over...i can't start any programs unless I stop dr watson in the ctr-alt-delete processes box. then start the program before dr watson starts back up, internet explorer will just shut down as well. I tried deleting the secondary accounts and making new ones, but the problem still persists...which is weird....any ideas?