Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Phone-call alert

• Please log in to reply

rmyu_1

rmyu_1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Phone-call alert

I use a phoneline and modem to surf. Is there a freeware that will alert me when someone phones me while I am surfing?

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Just go to tucows.com or downloads.com and do a search for "call waiting" (no quotes).. Pile of programs out there that will do what you are looking for!!

Murray

Atribune

Atribune

HijackThis Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 956 posts
  • MVP
Murray S. perhaps it would be best for a staff member to find one that is malware filled. I know alot of apps from tcows are bundled with loads of stuff and a call waiting app would seem to be a good target for malware

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

Phone-call alert

I use a phoneline and modem to surf.  Is there a freeware that will alert me when someone phones me while I am surfing?

View Post

Here is a software that I used to use. Click here to get Call Alert It is free as well.

Edited by Tony_1983, 06 September 2005 - 04:12 PM.

Atribune

Atribune

HijackThis Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 956 posts
  • MVP
Tony your link is borked.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

Tony your link is borked.

View Post

Just repaired it :tazz:

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

Murray S. perhaps it would be best for a staff member to find one that is malware filled. I know alot of apps from tcows are bundled with loads of stuff and a call waiting app would seem to be a good target for malware

View Post

Howdy Atri:

Not sure what you mean by having a staff member find one that is "malware filled" for them.. :tazz:

As for downloading from Tucows, I have used them almost exclusively and never had a problem..

Also, not sure how a call-waiting program would be cause for concern as it would only activate when one was online and an actual phone call came through!!

Murray

Atribune

Atribune

HijackThis Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 956 posts
  • MVP
heh I meant isnt malware filled. With apps like that there is a high risk of infection with installing them.

I don't know how they work either I stay away from dial up

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
:tazz: Figured you did but I couldn't help "sticking" my neighbour to the east !!

I do know of quite a few that used the program Tony linked to with good results though!!

Murray

Atribune

Atribune

HijackThis Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 956 posts
  • MVP
You're from Sask that explains so much :tazz:

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Thank you.

When I was on dial up, i used this quite alot. But since on DSL, does not want to work (cause of my new modem)