Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

file assocation

• Please log in to reply

Samael

Samael

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi, a few months ago i was trying to get rid of a file in my system32 folder and i accidently changed the propertys of another file so that it would open as a note pad file instead of wat it normaly does and as a result every .exe. and .dll file now opens as a note pad so on start up things that usualy start up as programs such as MSN Messanger now open as note pads! if anyone nows how to change it bk again i would be most grate full! if not could someone explain how to partition my hard drve and format the c:\ drive!

thank you! samael

Advertisements

loosecruise

loosecruise

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Using windows explorer, browse to the file in question, My Computer> Local Disk> etc. Highlight the file and right click to open the contextual menu. Select Open As. Browse to the program you want to open the file and select it, ckeck the box to always open this type of file with this program, presto. :)