Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sharing Problems....

• Please log in to reply

xomikronx

xomikronx

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Okay...All my computers are using XP SP2. and We're all connected by a D-Link Router. I'm trying to share one of my drives from computer A, but I cannot get any computer to connect to this computer. All the other computers connect to each other fine, but can't connect to computer A. So I've figured that the problem must be with Computer A. When people connect...It asks for a login, but I can't change the user name. It's faded and can't be changed. It also asks for a password, but there isn't a password because it's blank. Help?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You may need to be logged in as administrator.

This computer may have a different network name.

All the computers must have different names on a network.

We're talking about the name of the network and the name of the computer on the network above.

All the computers must have a login username and password to network.

xomikronx

xomikronx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Yeah....everything checks out...still nothing...

Edited by xomikronx, 07 September 2005 - 01:05 PM.

fungit

fungit

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Whoaa...

Now this is deja vu check out this thread http://www.geekstogo...st=0&p=333151&/ I'm having a similar problem to yours, still haven't found the solution though :tazz:

Oops I just read the rules to using these forums and found that I've broken one, 'posting a link to my problem in someone elses post', I just want to say I'm really, really sorry and it won't happen again.

Edited by fungit, 10 September 2005 - 02:51 AM.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Check out any firewall logs to see if there is any blocking. Most filewalls keep logs, on some y ou may have to enable logging.