Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

screen flicker

• Please log in to reply

simel111

simel111

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi can anyone help?
i have a Toshiba sat pro6000, my screen started to flicker every now and a again for a while and then one day it started to flicker lots and it continues to do so now. Some times it stops and the screen is fine and then it will start again. I can control the speed of the flicker with the (Fn key) so I can use the computer but its pain in the [bleep]. If I use my TV as a monitor thats fine but thats a pain in the [bleep] as well.
Please help me.
thanks

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome simel111 <_<

Not sure you'll like the answer :D It sounds like a hardware issue, probably a bad video controller, or display. In either case it's probably not something you're going to be able to repair yourself, and this computer probably is not worth as much as it will cost to have repaired. I'd definatley bring it to a local computer shop for confirmation.