Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Starting to remove WinFixer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

TallBoysWRF

TallBoysWRF

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm starting to do the things on this list. http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html But when I ran the cleanup program, I got this window telling me to insert my WIN XP SP2 CD to fix unreconizable files that replaced certain files. I did this but when I try to check the system compatability from the CD in an effort to fix what was changed, It won't work because it can't load a certain file. I don't really know what I'm doing here. I'm trying to follow the process so I can clean this WinFixer2005 POS off my computer. I did not see anything on the link above talking about the file problems, so I really need some help!

Advertisements

Buckeye_Sam

Buckeye_Sam

Malware Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,019 posts
Hi and welcome to GeeksToGo! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. :tazz:

Please visit this page and scroll down to Step 5. Follow the instructions there to download a tool called Hijackthis and post a log here as a reply to this post.

TallBoysWRF

TallBoysWRF

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well, never mind. When I restarted my computer the thing was so f***** up that I had to format the thing. The start menu wouldn't even show up, I couldn't open any MS office files, all the icons, everywhere were gone and only the names of the folders or what ever remained. I have to say Great choice of programs to "clean up" the computer. That clean up tool SUCKS!

Oh I already had hijackthis on my computer but every where I looked everyone said to go through that list before posting the file. Yeah, I'm not doing that again.

So the problem's fixed now. A simple 5 hr reformat and it's all back up and running! :tazz: