Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

please help me get TV onto my PC

• Please log in to reply

purple monkey

purple monkey

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi ladies and gentlemen, i am after some help if you would be so kind. :tazz:

i would like to know how i can get TV onto my PC.

I have a TV tuner- designed for a projector, which i have an s-video out from, i have attached it to my s-video on my Ge-cube Radeon 9600XT. I dont know how i can actually get to the point whereby i can see the tv image on the PC moniter.

i have tried downloading many freeware programs and trials but they seem to all require a capture card to detect the tv, rather than just through the s-video of my video card.

im sure that it should be a fairly simple thing but i dont know what the missing link is, any help would be greatly appriciated.

thanks,

Darren.

Advertisements

purple monkey

purple monkey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
nevermind ppls, i just found out taht it was the simple solution that my card only has a video out only.

thanks anyway

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You need to buy a PC tv tuner or a video capture card that has the appropriate video in capability.