Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PS Guard and Verizon DSL problem

• Please log in to reply

Allan McClure

Allan McClure

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Just signed up for Verizon DSL and got it working fine. Soon after, I got the dreaded PS Guard infection. Researched a solution on another computer and downloaded Spyware Doctor. Ran Spyware Doctor and it cleaned the system, so I thought. My background is now gray and flicks to white when I move the mouse cursor over any icon or bottom taskbar. I can't get the background color back even though I select a color on the display menu and apply it. Also, now I cannot connect to the web with Verizon DSL. The Verizon DSL connectivity check tells me there's a problem with connections, so I remove and re-connect all cables and power, reboot the system but still can't connect. Also, now every time I start the system and run the Spyware Doctor system scan, it finds 3 infections. Then I have them fixed/deleted by Spyware Doctor, but they always return with each system start. How can I get my internet connection back so I can download any additional malware protection software that I might need and how can I thoroughly remove PS Guard so it doesn't return every time I start the system?

Advertisements

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Hi there,

I suggest that you go to the malware forum and post a fresh log of HijackThis so one of the experts will take a look at it and help you through it :tazz:

Allan McClure

Allan McClure

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi. I saw some of those posts with the HijackThis logs but I don't know where those logs come from. How do I get those logs?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Read and follow the instructions in This Thread ..

Once you have finished, post your log in the Malware forum (link in my signature)..

Murray