Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sound problems

• Please log in to reply

sharlpero

sharlpero

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Hello!

I have the following problem.
I usually set all parameters in Volume Control window to maximum. But sometimes I reveal that there is almost not sound on my computer and it's because one of runners goes almost to the lowest position and I have to go to Volume Control again and change its position. It occurs sometimes, not always. Maybe somewhere had the same problem?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
this is usually caused by another program that turns the sound setting down or off and can be tricky to isolate.

I've seen it occor mostly with tv tuners, but sound editing equipment will do it as well.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,650 posts
I've had older versions of Winamp change my volume levels before.
I've also had poor drivers change my volume to the default levels, you could try updating your sound card drivers.

sharlpero

sharlpero

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Thanks for your reply.
I haven't any tv tuners. And what sound editing equipment do you mean? I haven't also any professional or specific music or sound editing software. As to sounds I have WinAmp and different video players. That is all.

sharlpero

sharlpero

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

I've had older versions of Winamp change my volume levels before.
I've also had poor drivers change my volume to the default levels, you could try updating your sound card drivers.

View Post

Thanks, ZEUS_GB, I really know it about Winamp but now it isn't a matter.
As to drivers, I'll really try it.
Thanks

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
This happends to me sometimes to! :tazz:

Emery Herman

Emery Herman

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Look for every media player on your machine. Change the default volume to 100%, the way you like it. Hope it will stay at 100 after you click ok.

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Thanks will do! :tazz:

Emery Herman

Emery Herman

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip