Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor Set Too High Windows Not Loaded

• Please log in to reply

poimhn

poimhn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Ok so I can boot from the CD but which version do I want to boot into. Which alternate dimension of windows

Edited by poimhn, 07 September 2005 - 09:27 PM.

Advertisements

poimhn

poimhn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
by that I mean which install?

poimhn

poimhn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
I just dont dare to do anything until I am sure which one to do.

poimhn

poimhn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Well, let me know on that. I have early meetings in the morning and so I am off to bed but thanks to all who have helped today. I will be back on tomorrow probably. Thanks so much once again. You all rock, especially Murray S.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Okay.. need to clarify.. You booted using the diagnostic you made and now it is asking which Windows you want to boot into??

Murray

poimhn

poimhn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
yes. That is correct.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Boot into the one that you can see with the monitor..

Murray

k_dogg

k_dogg

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hey hey hey

Man guess wut I was messing around with stuff like that to and....I did that to my monitor too.but i didnt get the "change back in 15 sec" thing cuz i was over riding the setting. And know wut i had to do. I had to get 2 monitors. hook up the wrking one, then move the mouse to where i had to klick, plug the non working one in, click on it the plug working in , move mouse to where has to go, plug other in clik on it, and on and on till it is back. or you could just try plugging in a diff monitor then changing it. :tazz:

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

hey hey hey

Man guess wut I was messing around with stuff like that to and....I did that to my monitor too.but i didnt get the "change back in 15 sec" thing cuz i was over riding the setting. And know wut i had to do. I had to get 2 monitors. hook up the wrking one, then move the mouse to where i had to klick, plug the non working one in, click on it the plug working in , move mouse to where has to go, plug other in clik on it, and on and on till it is back. or you could just try plugging in a diff monitor then changing it. :)

View Post

You didn't read the posts did you.. :tazz:

If you had, you would have noticed post 32 and post 35..

Murray

poimhn

poimhn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
I thought I had this but a cd wont work. As stated previously, I do not have a floppy drive on the problem computer. Powermax only gives me the option of loading onto a floppy disk. A CD will not work as it is not a given option. Suggestions?

Edited by poimhn, 09 September 2005 - 07:53 AM.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Floppy drives are a dime a dozen.. Get one and install it.. That may be your last option now!!

Or, take the system to a tech and have them strip it down and re-install..

Murray

poimhn

poimhn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
well I have one, I just dont know how to connect it. Ill see if i can get someone to help me

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
That would be your best bet.. That way, the diagnostic program can be run the way it is supposed to!!

Murray

k_dogg

k_dogg

• Pip
  • 4 posts
no sry i didnt read every post i just read the most recent ones,sry

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi poimhn...

I know you said early on that you could not boot into safe mode, but I would like you to try again. If you can get to the Options Screen with all the various safe mode boot up options, look for one to Enable VGA Mode: This option starts Windows in 640 x 480 mode by using the current video driver (not Vga.sys). This mode is useful if the display is configured for a setting that the monitor cannot display. This info was found HERE while researching another problem. Adjust your display settings as you normally would and reboot.

If that doesn't work, a "Trusted Friend" has given me a technique that is a little involved, but with a little patience it will probably work. Give the above option a try first.

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 11 September 2005 - 10:28 AM.