Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How to replace cooling fan for Sony PCG GR390?

• Please log in to reply

bptiny

bptiny

• Pip
  • 2 posts
The cooling fan of my notebook Sony pcg gr390 is not working. Does any body know how to replace the cooling fan on this system? (The fan is available via Sony and other websites)

Thanks

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Never worked on a sony but I do warranty repairs for toshiba laptops and if they are the same or similiar you have to take them completely apart. So unless you are comfortable with all the cables and 20+ screws ( on average ) that have to be removed/disconnected i would recommend taking it to a place experienced in laptop repair....

bptiny

bptiny

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have no problem with the screws and wire. I just need to know how to open the dam thing.
:tazz:

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Unfortunately it varies by make and model. With Toshiba sometimes you remove the screws from the bottom ( once all the extras -hard drive, memory, battery are removed of course. ) and sometimes the screws under the keyboard. Unfortunately without a tear down manual you will have to guess... and remember what/where the screws go!!!! Then you will have to pry the top off ( toshibas snap together besides the screws ) usually the fan is off to the side of the cpu/heatsink so it just lifts out or is screwed down to the case....

Just remember I'm not experienced with sony and it could be more or less complicated and I can/don't guarantee anything.... this is a do at your own risk type of repair....