Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Java help please!

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
i wanna play on some games and i go to install java and it gets near to the end of the setup and a box appears saying error 1311 source file not found. it says local settings and tempry internet files and then content.ie5/01wlk07 and it goes on and i have tried multiple times and the same message is appearing, please help

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If you have IE5 you definitely have an older version, it's up to 6.0 with sp1 now. Is there any reason you haven't updated your IE? Your old one may not have all the support files needed and won't be able to handle all the script on pages.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

Are you sure about the IE5.0 ?? XP comes with IE6 as a default !!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Also consider using the online installation option

You may need to remove anything related to Java from add / remove