Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hardware, Components & Peripherals

• Please log in to reply

BobButler

BobButler

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Message Forwarded From BobButler

:tazz: It has been a good while since I been back online.  I have a windows 98 at home and I want to hook up dsl to it, but there is no ethernet connection on the computer.  Can I add one to it? If so, how?

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
first find out what kind of expansion slots you have and then find a network card with the interface and that says it supports windows 98. Put in the card and install the driver. Then contact the dsl service and have them set you up. In fact you might be able to have them do the whole thing.

BobButler

BobButler

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thanks!! I'll check on tomorrow where I can find a network card with the interface to support windows 98, I'll get back with you! :tazz:

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Just about any NIC that uses PCI should be available for use with Win98..

Murray

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

Howdy:

Just about any NIC that uses PCI should be available for use with Win98..

Murray

View Post

I agree - should be. It's a matter of drivers so I would check to make sure it supports before buying. Also with no details of the computer other than win98 it could be a machine without pci ( now that would be old ) :tazz:

BobButler

BobButler

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thanks for all of your help. I got my windows 98 dsl network card and installed it. My internet is working super. Thanks again!! :tazz: