Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI Radeon 9600 XT Problems

• Please log in to reply

ATIradeon9600XT

ATIradeon9600XT

• Pip
  • 5 posts
ATI Radeon 9600XT 256mb

Not much of a forum person. but last resort b4 buying a new video card. neways, for the past month i have been having problems with my video card. Once i boot my computer up, windows loads and my background has some like red lines going downward, it happens on the outlining of the picture. Also when i scroll down on sites purple lines about half and inch sidewards show..

Second problem is with some video games. I load Battlefield 2 up get into a server and everything is going good. Then when i start moving around... the trees and crap start to smudge , and theres a polygon on top left corner of screen, the red line crap also happen ingames as well..

If anyone has an idea what is wrong with it, i would appreciate if you could post back. Also I have already reinstalled my driver and vid card more then once.

Anyways thx for your time.

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Make sure the cooling fan is spinning and the heatsink is not clogged with dust if you have not already done so. Make sure your system temps are good

sounds like you have had the card for awhile and it worked fine at one time, I mention this because sometimes low end powersupplies can cause problems with video cards but if it worked fine before I doubt this is the case.

Usually when a card suddenly starts to show artifacts like you describe its bad so see if its still under warrenty.

Rick

ATIradeon9600XT

ATIradeon9600XT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ive clean it out, even installed new cata patch (well not new) , i think my monitor might have something wrong with it, i think my video card is sending the picture to the monitor too fast and its making it spazz out while ingames.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
I doubt that because you mentioned it does it in windows also, but by all means try a different monitor first

ATIradeon9600XT

ATIradeon9600XT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i tried a different monitor not too much younger then mine, there was a bit of a difference. so im extremely confused

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
I think the card is bad

ATIradeon9600XT

ATIradeon9600XT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
well i got a brother that is using the same video card, and i having none of my problems. so im thinking its my monitor which is about more then 7 years old

ATIradeon9600XT

ATIradeon9600XT

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
also an annoying thing also is, when in a game , i sometimes see different color dots on the walls.