Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blank space in my add/remove programs

• Please log in to reply

octony5

octony5

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
When I look at my add/remove programs list I have an enormous space between two programs requireing me to scroll down a long way to see the rest of the list. How did this happen or at least how can I fix it?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Is it just a space, or if you highlight the item before the blank space and hit the down arrow key, does it go all the way to the next item after the blank space or does it stop somewhere ON the blank space?

octony5

octony5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
If I highlight the program and push down it turns blue all the way down to the next item in the list.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
So it does in fact stop on the white space?!?

octony5

octony5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
It does not highlight the next item. So yes, it does stop in the white space.

octony5

octony5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I believe the problem is from the program AutoCAD 2002Lt. I have actually had this problem before. Last time it was on my home computer. The difference is that on my home computer I could see the AutoCAD listing in the add/remove programs list. Then the next item following it was a very large space. This time I cannot see AutoCAD in the list but alphabetically The space is where AutoCAD should be. At home I had the options of removing or fixind autocad so I just removed it. I didn't need it there anyway. I am trying to remove it from my new computer because I have a newer version to add. Back to my problem. There is a large annoying space in my add/remove programs list that I would like to fix. I believe it is caused by AutoCAD. Can anyone help me?

davepig

davepig

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
You could try downloading Easycleaner2.0 from http://personal.inet...rts/ecleane.htm and see if that helps. Make sure you read the instructions thoroughly first, and i would recommend you never use the 'delete duplicate files' option as it could land you in a whole world of pain. I use the other options regularly and it does help. Good luck.

octony5

octony5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Awesome. That worked great. This site rocks.

davepig

davepig

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Glad it worked. Thanks for the feedback.

splintax

splintax

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Thanks for the tip. For us, it was the Encarta Research Organizer causing the problem. EasyCleaner sorted it out. :tazz: