Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help on faster conection

• Please log in to reply

Hector

Hector

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi, i just moved to madera in california i moved just rigth out side of madera town, i checked if there was any ISP in my area to find out thers just dail up, and satalite but its worth to much, what i was looking for was like DSL, or CABLE but theres nonei tryed calling them and they sed nope theres no dsl or cable around here , and my connection here with dail up is very low 28.8k :tazz: is ther anything i can do to make my connection faster? or em i stuck like this for awile?
cuz this realy sucks.....

Advertisements

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Well it depends if you have spyware or malware then you need to remove it to get on maximum spped within your connection.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Unfortunately, your connection speed is going to be limited by your modem, that max speed allowed by the ISP, the type of connection available, your distance from the telecom office and the condition of the phonelines in your residence and between you and your ISP..

A couple of things you can try that aren't all that expensive is to a) purchase a 56.6 modem and use that.. Should be a noticeable improvement and b) have your telecom people check your phoneline for noise or problems..

Murray