Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant connect to spybot or AVG update sites

• Please log in to reply

hibbysmasher

hibbysmasher

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello
Im running XP media edition. Recently I have been unable to run the automatic update for MS A/S and AVG free edition. Ive tried disabling the firewall, still no luck. I also have trouble on some sites. For example I can go to ticketmaster.com and look around,
but when I go to the area to select tickets(where the box comes up to prompt you to type in the word you see on the screen to prevent automated buying) I get a "page cannot be displayed "error.
If I reboot to Safe mode with networking ,everything works ok.

I uninstalled Norton Internet security a while ago because it was locking up. Now have zonealarm and avg and Microsft A/S.
Verizon DSL on the westell versalink combo modem/wireless router

Oh and its the same on IE or Firefox. Thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please go here

http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

Run all the programmes as advised then post a Hijack This Log in new topic in the Malware Forum

hibbysmasher

hibbysmasher

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Did everthing on the list. Thanks for the service of putting all those utilities together. My system was clean of infection. Turned out to be an incomplete un-install of Norton Internet security. Ran their total removal tool and all is well now. Thanks for your time.

ktownkatman

ktownkatman

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
I have the same problem except i don't have noton...