Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

!Microsoft Office 2003 Languages!

• Please log in to reply

mattius1989

mattius1989

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have just received a computer holding the Office 2003 program but the program is for some odd reason in German, i have contacted the previous holder of the computer and he tells me that it was never like that before.
I want to change the language of the whole program overall, not just the dictionary, but the whole "client" to English so i can read all the toolbars and such without having to break out the translator. could somebody please assist me in this matter as i am at rather a loose end with this indecypherable software

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if the menus are in german...then someone either installed the german version or used the microsoft office 2003 mui software to convert it....that would have had to have been done intentionally...the original owner whould have the mui software if they were the ones that switched it over

mattius1989

mattius1989

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ok, but how can i rectify this situation

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you would either have to reinstall office, or run the mui again

mattius1989

mattius1989

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
how do i obtain this mui i hear so much about

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you would have to get it from the person you got the computer from...or purchase it..2003 Office MUI Standered Licence = $415

mattius1989

mattius1989

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ok cheers, but thats a little steep